Lost your Joomla! 3 admin password and can't access the backend?
If this happens to you there is a way to reset the password in your PhpMyAdmin database. Whether you are on your localhost or your hosting account online.
1. If you are on a mac open MAMP.
2. If you are on Windows open WAMP.
3. If you are on your hosting account access PHPMyAdmin on MySQL.
4. Locate the website's database and open.
5. Find and open the table called "Users" open.
6. Make sure you are on the browse tab.
7. Find your username and click edit.
8. Click on the setting next to the password [varchar(100)] and change to md5
9. Replace the current password with a new one.
10. Scroll down and Click GO to save.
11. Login to the backend with your new username and password.