Magic Quotes is a process that escapes incoming data to the PHP script. Joomla 3.0 requires to disable Magic quotes from your host. Every hosting company has a different procedure to turn magic quotes off. On ipage magic quotes are off by default, GoDaddy on the other hand does not and it requires you to create a php5.ini file and type a line of code to turn magic quotes off. (Please see the code below on step 3)
Watch Our Video Tutorial Below to Follow Instructions
The steps are as follow:
1. Open your main host with an ftp client software (i.e. filezilla)
2. Download the file php.ini to your desktop
3. Open the php.ini file with any text editor and add the following code:
; Magic quotes for incoming GET/POST/Cookie data.
magic_quotes_gpc = Off
; Magic quotes for runtime-generated data, e.g. data from SQL, from exec(), etc.
magic_quotes_runtime = Off
; Use Sybase-style magic quotes (escape ? with ? instead of \?).
magic_quotes_sybase = Off
4. Save the file and rename it php5.ini
5. Upload the php5.ini file to your server.
6. Login to the GoDaddy account.
7. Go to my accoount, click on your hosting account and click launch.
8. Go to system processes and click on the End Web icon on the top left corner.
That's all there is to switching magic quotes off on GoDaddy's server.