Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is an internet marketing strategy. The process of affecting the visibility of your website on the search engines result page.
Ranking on Google's first page with your intended keywords is golden for business.
Not all markets are the same, some are more competitive than others which makes those keywords harder to rank for. Therefore the amount of time you'll have to spend in your SEO campaign will depend on how competitive your particular market is.
Ranking for those competitive keywords could be a matter of days, weeks, months, even a year.
With Google and Bing penalizing mobile incompatible websites by lowering them down the ranks it is very important that your website is mobile compatible. If your website is not mobile compatible making a Responsive Website for your company is a priority if you want to stay relevant.
Once you reach your goal do not stand still. Remember that there are several other companies fighting for the same keywords.
21 STRATEGIES TO IMPROVE YOUR SEO RANKING:
1. Make your website Responsive (Mobile compatible)
2. Use an SSL
3. The age of your domain (older domains rank higher)
4. Make a blog
5. Write good content in a regular basis.
6. Do not post the same articles you have on your website on other blogs or directories because it will count as duplicate content.
7. Link your Social Media to your website. (Facebook, Twitter, Google+)
8. Use Rich Content (pictures and video in your articles).
9. YouTube videos help you rank higher.
10. Include Closed Captioning in your Youtube videos (Search engines index CC)
11. Use you keywords in your articles.
12. Use keywords in your titles.
13. Write good meta tags descriptions
14. Limit your meta keywords to 10.
15. Make a Site Map of your website.
16. Submit your sitemap to the search engines, Google, Bing, Yahoo.
17. Resubmit your sitemap when you make a change to your website.
18. Use Google Analytics and Google WebMasterTools and verify your website’s domain.
19. Use Bing Web Master Tools.
20. Get rid of all your broken links by using 301 redirects.
21. Check canonicals in your site.
-www and non www are taken as 2 separate websites therefore duplicate content penalization.
-URLs that end with trip slashes are also considered duplicate content i.e: your site.com.about and your site.com.about/.