What you should know about SEO - 5.0 out of
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is an internet marketing strategy. The process of affecting the visibility of your website on the search engines result page.
Ranking on Google's first page with your intended keywords is golden for business.
Not all markets are the same, some are more competitive than others which makes those keywords harder to rank for. Therefore the amount of time you'll have to spend in your SEO campaign will depend on how competitive your particular market is.
Ranking for those competitive keywords could be a matter of days, weeks, months, even a year.
With Google and Bing penalizing mobile incompatible websites by lowering them down the ranks it is very important that your website is mobile compatible. If your website is not mobile compatible making a Responsive Website for your company is a priority if you want to stay relevant.
Once you reach your goal do not stand still. Remember that there are several other companies fighting for the same keywords.
21 STRATEGIES TO IMPROVE YOUR SEO RANKING:
1. Make your website Responsive (Mobile compatible)
2. Use an SSL
3. The age of your domain (older domains rank higher)
4. Make a blog
5. Write good content in a regular basis.
6. Do not post the same articles you have on your website on other blogs or directories because it will count as duplicate content.
7. Link your Social Media to your website. (Facebook, Twitter, Google+)
8. Use Rich Content (pictures and video in your articles).
9. YouTube videos help you rank higher.
10. Include Closed Captioning in your Youtube videos (Search engines index CC)
11. Use you keywords in your articles.
12. Use keywords in your titles.
13. Write good meta tags descriptions
14. Limit your meta keywords to 10.
15. Make a Site Map of your website.
16. Submit your sitemap to the search engines, Google, Bing, Yahoo.
17. Resubmit your sitemap when you make a change to your website.
18. Use Google Analytics and Google WebMasterTools and verify your website’s domain.
19. Use Bing Web Master Tools.
20. Get rid of all your broken links by using 301 redirects.
21. Check canonicals in your site.
-www and non www are taken as 2 separate websites therefore duplicate content penalization.
-URLs that end with trip slashes are also considered duplicate content i.e: your site.com.about and your site.com.about/.
If you need help with your website's SEO contact chicago web developer Federico Dantoni from Golfo Media chicago web design for a consulting session.
5 Measures to secure your Content Management System - 5.0 out of
Websites are under constant attack by hackers and spammers. In particular Content Management Systems. The most common types of attacks are SQL injections or attempts to insert files with malicious code. Hackers can get through your website using a vulnerable plugin or component, that is why is very important to keep your extensions updated.
They could take over your hosting email account and use it to send a massive email spam campaign, which can result in your hosting provider suspending your service.
Other type of attack is placing links in your website attempting to get search engine rank for their spam pages. Most of the time these attacks are done by robots, that is why it is always a good idea to use captchas in your login and contact forms.
It is always a good idea to take preventive measures and protect your website to avoid these kinds of ugly situations. If you use Joomla!, read instructions on how to setup a firewall on your website in our Golfo Media Chicago Web Design tutorials section.
5 PREVENTIVE MEASURES TO SECURE YOUR WEBSITE:
1. Protect the administrator backend of your website with a password.
Everybody knows how to access a Wordpress website backend using /wp-admin or a Joomla website backend using /administrator.
Watch our video tutorial Joomla! 3 How to hide the administrator backend to learn this procedure.
2. Setup a Firewall.
It will secure your website but it will also help you monitor suspicious activities and provide you with the IP address related to such activities.
You can then blacklist that ip address.
Keep your Content Management System and extensions up-to-date.
Make sure upgrades are compatible with your system before making them. Always backup before doing any updates.
4. Backup your System.
Keep a backup system from where to recover your website. Keep the backups up-to-date.
Read our article on the Golfo Media chicago web design Tutorials How to Backup and Restore a Joomla! Website.
5. Get an SSL.
Getting an SSL on your domain is a great idea it will secure your website and it will also help the site rank higher on the search engines.